Do I need thumbprint or signature for my minor child’s OCI application?
A lot of times we get asked the question, for the OCI minor application, if my child is below five years, should they put his/her left thumbprint or right thumbprint?
As per Indian Consulate, the following are the guidelines to be followed for minor applicants below 5 years.
- For child of 5 years and above, signature/name of the minor child should be in the signature box under their photo on the first page of the OCI Application Form.
- Uploaded Signature/Thumb impression must be legible on plain white background.
- For child less than 5 years of age thumb impression of the minor child should be in the signature box under their photo using only a BLACK or BLUE inkpad.
- Parents cannot sign on behalf of the child under any circumstances on the PART A of the OCI Application Form.
- Minors must sign/place thumb impression under PART B of the OCI Application form.
- Wherever parent’s sign, the signature must match with the passport signature.
NOTE – If the signature is OUTSIDE of the boxes provided, the application will be REJECTED. If the thumbprint/signature is not clear after it is uploaded online, it needs to be uploaded again or minor has to sign in the application form.
Please contact us for your OCI notary needs
PHONE NUMBER: (650) 427-9289 (call/text to schedule appointment)
HOURS: Monday – Sunday 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM (APPOINTMENTS ONLY)
ADDRESS: 44583 JAPALA PL, FREMONT, CA 94539 (APPOINTMENTS ONLY)